First Computer Course for Absolute Beginners is a for novices. If you, your referral or your sponsee is just starting to learn how to practically use computers, this is the course for you or for them. Maybe you, your referral or sponsee is able to do one or two basic things with computers; but you/they cannot boast of doing things professionally, but you want to be able to do so. This course is also right for you.
Maybe you have attended a computer training in the past but because you were not practicing it, you forgot some things. This First Computer Course for Absolute Beginners will 100% serve as a refresher course for you.
It does not matter whether you did computer in school, if you want to get practical computing skills; First Computer Course for Absolute Beginners will help you.
But you should know that I did not teach this course like the normal subject in Nigerian schools, where they focus more on theory. Instead, here, I focus on the practical skills. Notwithstanding, you will still learn all the important theories you need to know as a beginner.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify different types of computers
- Mention, identify the parts of computer – especially the ones you may need to repair or change in your computer. This will make sure nobody can cheat you in future if you need to repair or upgrade your computer.
- Compare, select and buy the right kind of computer for every occasion.
- Tell the different kinds of software and add new software to your computer. This way, you will not need to take your computer to people to add this and that for you, which would cost you a lot of money for nothing.
- Switch computers on and off the right way.
- Set your computer the way you like it.
- Operate computers with confidence, including how to use common applications, creating, managing and sharing files, recovering lost files, etc.
- Use internet with speed and confidence, including how to connect to internet; browsing; sending, receiving and managing emails; computer clouds, professional use of social media, etc.
- Mention the common computer problems and their causes
- Implement Computer and Internet Safety techniques, including identifying and preventing hackers and how to identify and avoid fake websites, spam emails and internet scammers.
- Bonus: Choose what to learn next.